The nationally recognized WVU Literacy Education online master's program prepares candidates to be certified as Reading Specialists (Pre-K-Adult).
- Classes offered 100% online, through WVU Online
- Reading Specialist Certification (Pre-K-Adult)
- 30 credit hours, 16-week courses
- Flexible scheduling (multiple courses offered in Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters)
- School-based intervention practicum and novice literary coaching experiences may be completed in your home community, supervised remotely by WVU faculty
Coursework will focus on preparing specialized literacy professionals in the three areas identified by the International Literacy Association: Intervention/assessment, literacy coaching and literacy program coordination. Graduates may assume the following roles: Reading Specialist, Reading Interventionist, Classroom Teacher, Literacy Coach and Literacy Coordinator.
The Literacy Education/Reading Specialist certification specialty licensure area offered at West Virginia University has been approved by the West Virginia Board of Education.
The Literacy Education/Reading Specialist certification specialty licensure area is state approved and is nationally recognized by the International Literacy Association.