The Higher Education Administration Program – Student Affairs Specialization admits students to the Master of Arts Program on a rolling basis. However, those individuals also interested in applying for a GA Position within Student Affairs must submit a complete program application by March 1st.
Applicants should arrange for the following items to be sent to West Virginia University:
- All official college transcripts.
Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts should be sent to the WVU Office of Admissions. The undergraduate grade point average must be equal to or greater than 3.0 (on a four-point scale).
Send college transcripts, to:
Office of Admissions
West Virginia University
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
Phone: 304-293-2121 Fax: 304-293-3080
- For admission consideration, in addition to college transcripts, applicants are required to submit an online application, which can be found at the WVU Graduate Education website.
- Prepare in advance to upload the following items to the “Supplemental Materials” section of the online application:
- Letter of application describing reasons for graduate study and professional goals in student affairs or related area (Please upload under “personal statement” section of the supplemental materials page).
- If you are interested in GA position in Student Affairs, please provide a one-page letter that describes your interest. Please make note of your preferred positions and why.
- Resume (Please upload under “resume/vitae” section of the supplemental materials page.)
- Complete contact information and description of professional relationship for three references. (Please upload under “other ”section of the supplemental materials page. Do not submit reference contacts under the “recommendations” section of the online application, as letters of recommendation are not required.)
- One academic writing sample. Please upload under “other” section of the supplemental materials page.