The Higher Education Administration Master of Arts Program is an online graduate program designed to enhance leadership skills and prepare students for academic administration and student affairs positions. Using a personalized program of study, students will become familiar with the intricacies of higher education institutions, and build particular knowledge and skill-sets within a core area that is of interest to them.
Program features include:
- Students can complete classes 100% online, or can choose a mix of online and on-campus classes
- Part-time or full-time enrollment options
- Courses can be taken from any geographic location
- Flexible program of study (2-8 years to complete the program)
- Advanced learning platform technologies
- Courses taught by full-time faculty and senior administrators
This 30 credit hour online program can be completed within two to eight years either as a part-time or full-time student. Working with an advisor, students complete a program of study that includes a capstone experience.
To graduate, students must earn at least a 3.25 grade point average on all program work and any course with a grade less than C will not count towards graduation. Also, coursework taken more than eight years prior to the date of graduation may not be counted towards the hours needed for completion of this masters degree.
The purchase of the 6th edition Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association* a webcam, and computer headset with microphone are required prior
to the start of the program.
*Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2010.
Dr. Nathan Sorber
Higher Education Administration Program Office
501 Allen Hall, Evansdale Campus